Democracy Medal 2018: Time to Vote!
Since 1982 IAPC has awarded a Democracy Medal to an organization or an individual who in the judgment of its membership has worked courageously to foster, promote and sustain the democratic process anywhere in the world.
Considering the gravity of threats against democracy throughout the globe this year, the Democracy Medal is more precious and significant than ever before. The nominations for Democracy Medal 2018 are concluded and it is time to vote now!
Here are the nominees for Democracy Medal 2018
- Episcopal Church of Nicaragua
- Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand Prime Minister
- Joshua Wong, Nathan Law and Alex Chow, Hong Kong democracy activists
- Rosana Bertone, Governor of Tierra del Fuego, Antarctica and the South Atlantic Islands
- Prof. Steven Levitsky and Prof. Daniel Ziblatt, Authors “How Democracies Die”
- Pope Francis, The Vatican
- Alibhe Smyth, women’s right campaigner, Ireland
All members should fulfill their democratic right by casting their votes for one of the nominees. We invite you all to treasure this opportunity as an important mission of democracy and possibility to crown the ones who revive and prosper it.
Voting process for 2018 is open from now until September 25th.
You may only vote once, and you cannot change your mind later, so please consider your choice carefully before voting.